Health Insurance in West Rockville Centre, NY
Nobody plans to get sick or injured, but it happens. With the rising cost of healthcare, an unexpected hospital visit could leave you with thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket expenses. Health insurance can help pay for these costs. It may also provide preventive care, which may help keep you from getting sick in the first place.
At United Benefits Solutions, we understand the importance of finding the right health insurance for you. Contact us in Rockville Center, New York, to get a health insurance quote today.
Why Is Health Insurance Important?
Health insurance is no longer enforced by tax penalties, but in some states, there is a tax penalty for going without health coverage. In addition to avoiding negative tax ramifications, health insurance will often pay for some or all your health care costs arising from certain illnesses, injuries, or care. Preventive care (e.g., immunizations, annual physicals) may be fully covered under your plan, allowing you to receive services at little or no cost.
How Do Health Insurance Deductibles Work?
A deductible is the amount of money an insured has to pay out of pocket before health insurance kicks in. Once an insured has reached their deductible, their health insurance company will pay for some expenses.
Most health insurance plans also have an out-of-pocket maximum—this is the maximum amount an insured will have to pay for covered health care services every year. Once an out-of-pocket maximum has been reached, health insurance will cover all your covered benefits for the rest of the year.
Both deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums only include certain payments. Health insurance premiums, for example, are unlikely to count toward hitting your deductible or out-of-pocket premium. Different health coverage plans will have different deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums.
Which Health Insurance Is Best?
The following are common types of health insurance coverage to consider:
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)—This plan allows an insured to pay less in monthly premiums by offering a higher deductible than a traditional healthcare insurance plan.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)—This plan provides discounted rates for in-network services. Generally, an insured can use out-of-network providers without a referral for an additional cost.
- Point of Service (POS)—This plan offers in-network services for a reduced rate. Out-of-network providers can often be used with a referral.
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)—This plan provides limited coverage for contracted doctors. An insured may need to live in a specific area to receive coverage with this plan. Generally, an insured will only be able to receive out-of-network care in an emergency.
- Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO)—This plan covers specific in-network hospitals, professionals and medical services. Out-of-network services can only be used in an emergency with this plan.
Finding the right health insurance may seem daunting. We’re here to help. Contact United Benefits Solutions to speak to a health insurance agent today.
What Health Insurance Should I Get?
Many people get health insurance through their employers. But it can be beneficial to shop around and compare different health insurance plans before purchasing.
Here are some of the things to consider when selecting a health insurance plan:
- Your family needs
- Referral requirements
- Out-of-network limitations
- Coverage benefits
- Out-of-pocket costs
How Many Health Insurance Plans Can I Have?
Multiple health care plans can be purchased. However, having two health insurance plans doesn’t typically mean an insured will have health care covered twice. A secondary insurance plan may cover gaps in existing coverage, but it can also come with more costs (e.g., two premiums, two deductibles).
Contact United Benefits Solutions for more information.
Finding the Right Health Insurance
Choosing the best health insurance takes time and effort. Let us help. Contact United Benefits Solutions to learn more about our health insurance coverage today.